Best foods for gaining weight quickly
Only those who have remained skinny for years know that gaining weight is as hard as losing weight. There can be several reasons for which people fail to gain weight. Eating the right foods and maintaining a healthy lifestyle will definitely help you add muscles. Here are the foods that you should start having to put on weight fast:
Are you eating right?
Overeating is not the correct way of gaining weight as your body needs a balanced diet. Here is a list of healthy foods for you:
- Homemade smoothies- Drinking smoothies made at home is the quickest and most nutritious way to gain body weight. You should refrain from depending on the commercial ones as they lack nutrients and contain excess sugar. The best thing about smoothies is that they are not just healthy but also extremely tasty. Chocolate banana nut shake, Caramel apple shake, Chocolate hazelnut shake and Vanilla berry shake are some tasty smoothie combinations.
- Rice- If you are looking for a low-cost, convenient source of carbohydrate, nothing can substitute rice. One cup of steamed rice contains 43 grams carbohydrates and 190 calories. However, keep in mind that eating large quantity of rice is not wise as it can lead to toxicity.
- Milk- Milk has remained the favorite muscle builder and weight gainer of young people forever. It contains proteins, fats and carbohydrates. Apart from being an excellent source of protein, milk also has vitamins, minerals and calcium. Try drinking one glass of milk after or before working out.
- Nut butters and nuts- You must eat nuts as well as nut butters if you want to gain weight. Just some almonds can give you 18 grams of fat, and this fat is healthy fat. If you want to start eating nuts, walnuts have to be in your list.
- Oily fish- Just like red meat, oily fish and salmon are great protein sources. They also provide a rare nutrient, omega-3 fatty acids. So, start consuming salmon once in a week and notice the difference yourself.
- Protein supplements- The secret behind the amazing physique of body builders and athletes is protein supplements. Taking help of supplements containing whey protein can be a cost-effective, easy strategy for gaining weight. However, digesting supplements rich in protein can be difficult if your daily schedule does not permit you to work out or exercise.
- Avocados- Avocados contain healthy fats. As opposed to most fruits that are light, avocados are calorie-dense and so, helps us gain mass. One decent size avocado can give you almost 322 calories, 17 grams fiber and 29 grams fat.
- Dried fruits- Dried fruits are high in calorie and also contain micronutrients and antioxidants. They are also extremely tasty and a great variety of them are available for you to choose from.
Eating these foods will definitely help you get into your desired shape quickly. But, if you are one of those people who can never gain weight in spite of eating healthy foods on a daily basis, it is better to seek medical help and find out the reason behind it.